Have stomach gas and burping. Eating outside food. Suggest medication?

Hello Doctor, From the last few years I have a problem of Stomach Gas, I use to burp all the time and stomach feels full. I am tired of burping. My stomach looks abruptly out. I am staying single and eating outside food for all these years, however I can't help it and have to continue this for atleast a year ahead but I make sure that I am eating at a hygienic place.
Can you pl suggest any medication that can help me? Let me know if you need any other information.
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 29 hours later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Stomach gas and burps usually occur after taking some undigestable carbohydrates and some proteins and also due to decreased motility of gastrointestinal tract because of which food stays for a longer period of time which is then digested by bacteria in gastrointestinal tract and produce lots of gas which came out as burp.

What you all have to do is:
1. Do regular aerobic exercise at least 30 minutes / day
2. If you are obese or overweight then you should reduce your weight again by exercise and low caloric diet
3. Wear loose clothes
4.Observe when you take milk or milk products whether these symptoms worsen, if yes then please avoid them
5. Avoid carbonated drinks, wine or beer
6.Avoid smoking if you do
7. Take black tea and add cardamom and ginger to it and take them with meals
8. Don't forget to close mouth while chewing food
9.Eat slowly
10. Take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like itopride
11. Take Tablets that contain enzymes protease, amylase, lipase with meals
12.tablet gasex by Himalaya thrice a day

If feasible avoid unhygienic food

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.