Have sore nipples, shoulder pain, tired and had tubes clamped. Suggest?

Question
Sore nipples like electricity I've had tubes clamped 3 yrs ago
Also have slight shoulder pain and am tired
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
cyclic pain or pathologic

Detailed Answer:
Soreness of nipple can occur due various reasons . Most common cause is hormonal imbalance like pregnancy ( which can be ruled out in your case ) and cyclic pain. Certain times in the menstrual cycle, due to hormonal imbalance, soreness of the nipples is common . Mostly it may occur before periods or after periods . Other than that soreness is absent .
On the other hand if the soreness is always present it could due to pathology like fibromyalgia , fibroadenosis or even trauma . If your soreness is present all the time you should be examined by a surgeon to rule out any lumps . An ultrasound of the breast should help rule out any lumps. Myalgia is a common problem also which causes sharp shooting pain in the breast and can be managed with medication . Note any nipple discharge and skin changes if any.
Hot fomentation will help reduce the pain it. Vitamin E capsules will help with cyclic pain as will primrose oil .
The pain may radiate to the shoulder also which however , should be examined by a doctor too . But an xray of concerned shoulder should also be done .

Follow-up: Have sore nipples, shoulder pain, tired and had tubes clamped. Suggest? 18 minutes later
Hi thanks my shoulders sore because of the pain from my breast .. So it's definatly not pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
radiation pain possible

Detailed Answer:
I agree . I believe i had mentioned that pregnancy can be ruled out . The pain in your shoulder could be radiating from the breast or could be muscular from the shoulder joint . Hence i suggested the xray of the concerned shoulder. After an examination your doctor will be able to differentiate the cause behind the pain . Apply hot fomentation to the breast and the shoulder joint. You should take a pain killer like diclofenac until you can be examined by a doctor.

Follow-up: Have sore nipples, shoulder pain, tired and had tubes clamped. Suggest? 4 minutes later
There is some bloody discharge from nipple also a lump how do I know if its a lump to worry about or just breast tissue

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
urgent tests should be done

Detailed Answer:
Bloody discharge from the nipple isn't a good sign. It could occur due to infection or malignancy . You need an examination and urgent ultrasound . Also a FNAC (biopsy ) from the lump will be be required . It's important that you see a surgeon first and get the lump confirmed . Subsequently tests may be done .

Follow-up: Have sore nipples, shoulder pain, tired and had tubes clamped. Suggest? 11 minutes later
Thank you ill go tomorrow

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
happy to help

Detailed Answer:
Happy to help . It would be best to make a diagnosis asap.