Have sinus problem. Noticed brown stains on pillow. Related to sinusitis?

Two nights ago when I went to go to bed I noticed a large stain on the pillow which may have been blood. Not sure how it got there. I do have ongoing sinus problems but nothing woke me up. I remember dreaming one night that. I bit my tongue. Maybe it wasn't a dream. Surely if I coughed hard enough to bring up blood I would have woken up. No blood cough during the day. Just white phlegm. The stain was brown and about 5x7cm with a matching patch on the covers where they were on the pillow
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 18 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your problem and medical history. Based upon the data it is difficult to predict the cause of bleeding but I would like to rule out nocturnal seizure in patients with history similar to yours. I do not think that this could be related to sinusitis.

Do not be concerned. When you will visit a specialist on Tuesday, you can discuss this issue with him. If this cannot be resolved through discussion, I will advise you to get an Electroencephalogram done. This is a very simple test just like ECG of the heart. This test maps the brain function and can tell if you had seizure on that night or not.

I hope that I have clarified your query; Please get back if you have any concern.

Best wishes