Have shooting pain in hip and knees. Pain in shoulders and elbow. Suggest?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have left hip and knee pain, shooting pain. left knee with shooting pain also. Joint pain in shoulders and elbows. Cant walk very much of a distance without having weakness in my lower body. What could this be?
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 1 hour later

I need some more information regarding your symptoms to know the possible cause of joint pains. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible -

* Since how long are you having these pains?
* Have all the joints involved at the same time? If not let me know the chronology of involvement?
* Is the pain associated with swelling of the joints?
* Do you encounter fever along with joint pains?
* Nature and pattern of pain? is it present continuously throughout the day? or is associated only with physical activity?
* How long have you been associated with High BP and Diabetes?
* Do you have any family history of joints pains?
* Do you have early morning pain and stiffness in the finger joints of both hands

Based upon your answers, I may need to put few more questions to arrive at the most probable diagnosis.