Have removed kidney. Has chronic lymphatic leukaemia and spleen enlarged. Suggestions?

My cousin in staying with me right now, 3 weeks ago she had a kidney removed XXXXXXX had a staghorn stone. There was some difficulty removing it though apparently it came as" Sweet as can be" the difficulty being that she has had chronic lymphatic leukaemia fo about 13 year and her spleen is enlarged and her bowel was also in the way!!Yesterday evening she had a severely bad pain in her right shoulder by far the worse she has had so far. Should
I take her to the local A & E as she is now approx 80 miles from her home and Morriston Hospital Swanse where she was operatedon, she is also treated for the Leukaemia in the Heth Cardiff.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
chronic lymphatic leukemia

Detailed Answer:

There can be many reasons of bad shoulder pain. I wonder if it was associated with right upper abdomen pain or it was underneath the last rib on the right side one has to rule out a gall bladder stone or cholecystitis with cholelithiasis as she is prone for stones and in CLL the chance of stone formation is more.

If she gets another episode of this shoulder pain, you should definitely seek the advice of your doctor who will rule out the other causes as well.

Dr. J. Ticku