Have rash on thigh that started as sore red area. Redness disappeared with hard area in middle. Cure?

I have a rash on my thigh that started as a sore round red area. I thought it was a bruise injury. A few days later, the redness has disappeared in the middle area and there is a hard area in the middle. No heat or entry point that I can detect. It has not gotten larger, but it is unusual.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send a photo

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic,
I can think of a lot of possibilities. Help me to narrow it down by sending a good quality photograph.You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.
How many days back you noticed the rash ?
Was there any insect bite over the site ?
Is it itchy or painful or asymptomatic ?
Did you suffer any blunt trauma at the site ?

Waiting for the photo .
Follow-up: Have rash on thigh that started as sore red area. Redness disappeared with hard area in middle. Cure? 1 hour later
I sent a picture. I am not sure about the blunt force trauma. It is possible since I was moving furniture about a week ago. I was also outside the next day cleaning cobwebs from my deck in a heavily wooded yard.

I first noticed it the next day. It was a solid red but not increased in temperature or with the look of pus. Two days ago the area had the "bullseye" appearance and I could feel the very hard area in the center.

It looks like it is I,proving but the color of the inside area is an odd shade of light green.

Thanks for your help. I have been concerned about Lyme or something like that.
Re: my question about the solid red, round area on my leg (size of a quarter) that changed over a couple of days to a "bullseye" appearance
I first noticed it one week ago, one day following work moving furniture (and it is possible that I could have received a "blunt force injury" from that). My confusion exists because I also worked outside, clearing many cobwebs from a deck in a yard with old trees and shrubs (retained natural woods).

Today, the area looks better, but I can still feel a small, hard, roundish area beneath the skin. The skin has lost most of the redness and has discoloration (light green). I don't recall the feel of a bite there or evidence of an insect on the area.

Since sending the photo around 4:00 a.m. Wednesday and answering your additional questions, I have not received a response. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 3 days later
Brief Answer:
It is a bruise.

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the photograph.

It looks like a resolving bruise( echymosis). It does not look like Lyme's disease. That light green color is definitely characteristic of a resolving bruise. You can have a firm feel under the skin at this stage. Just give some more time and it will resolve.

However I noticed that your skin is extremely dry and I will recommend a regular use of moisturizing lotion twice a day. Such a dry skin will be fragile and will be more prone to easy bruisability.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.