Have pulsating/twitchy sensation on rib cage area. Have lot of adhesion trouble and some lymphatic issues. Suggestions?

General Surgeon
Hi i have this pulsating / twitchy sensation going on right below rib cage (stomach ) area its some times fast and a lot . other times here and ther but has been going pretty good for more then a 1/2 hr . I have a lot o adhesion trouble and i believe i have some lymphatic issues although lymphatic has not been diagnosed
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be normal pulsation

Detailed Answer:

Aorta is a major blood vessel which runs in the middle of the abdomen. In some thin individuals these pulsations are felt per abdomen. Many people mistake them as a disease.

Because of previous surgeries, there is possibility of adhesion leading to intermittent pain. However it may not be related to those pulsation. If the adhesions are severe, there will be complaints of vomiting, constipation and distension of abdomen.

Lymphatic problem has no relation to it. It may cause leg swelling.

In brief, your symptoms doesn't concern me. If you are in doubt, get an ultrasound abdomen to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope this helps. If you have any queries, I will clarify further
Wish you good health