Have primary immunodeficiency, have previously acquired MRSA. Can I get infected by staph-caused warts in children?

My neighbors 3 and 5 year old children developed small warts in the genital area (1 male and 1 female), buttocks and feet/ankles. Their pediatrician said that they are a chicken pox viral wart and are contagious. The kids have had their vacinations. A few months later some of the boy's erupted (looking like BIG acne with pus heads). It was tested and found to be staff infection and was given antibiotics which seemed to clear it up. Then a few months later the girls erupted extensivley on her buttocks area. This was also cultured and was not staff and the mother just seem to not remember what the result was. She was also given antibiotics and a cream. Now both children have additional eruptions? I watch their children 2 days a week and would really like to see if you have any info about this according to my description. I have Primary Immunodeficency and have acquired MRSA on a few occasions.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later

Staph infections can be very XXXXXXX particularly in immunocompromized individuals. Without proper treatment they can get complicated.

Repeated eruptions means that apart from being contagious, there could be some cleanliness and health issues with those children.

Normally, children are prone to viral contagions and usually recover from them well.

But i would say that you are in a high risk environment around them. With immunodeficiency, you are at a higher risk of infections, contagious or otherwise.

The kids have had herpes zoster infection and in childhood its easily dealt with. Which in all likelihood has cleared up.

The worrisome part is if they keep getting these pus filled eruptions, you would be exposed to that as well, hence I advise you to be extra careful handling them. As they grow their immune system becomes stronger and they stop getting such infections.

I hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to write back if you have any further queries.