Have post dural puncture headache. Experiencing sharp pain in brain. Any suggestions?

Question
I recently had post dural puncture headache, but it seems the leak sealed itself after four days of bed rest and thus I avoided blood patch. The sealing took place three days ago. Is there any chance that it can reopen? What steps can I take to avoid this?

The last two days I sometimes have experienced a sharp shooting pain in the front of right and left brain, wichs leaves just as quickly. What could this indicate, just sensitive nerves?

XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The sealing after a dural puncture is not likely to be reopened. However it is best to avoid any stressful exercise or weight lifting, coughing, constipation and sneezing to avoid any complications.
The headache that you are having is common after a dural puncture. taking plenty of fluids orally will help in decreasing such episodes.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Have post dural puncture headache. Experiencing sharp pain in brain. Any suggestions? 7 hours later
Thanks for your answer.

You said: "The sealing after a dural puncture is not likely to be reopened. However it is best to avoid any stressful exercise or weight lifting, coughing, constipation and sneezing to avoid any complications XXXXXXX

My question: How long should I follow this advice before I can resume normal living?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You need to be cautious for 7-10 days and then you can resume your normal lifestyle.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.