Have pain and bloating in stomach, vomiting with blood. What could be the causes?

what causes food not to empty from your stomach and stomach lining to be inflamed

lots of pain and bloating in upper stomach vomiting with red blood
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 3 hours later
Hello! XXXXX. Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Food not emptying from stomach means there is either decreased motility of stomach or there is dysmotility. In you there are two factors that may be responsible for that:
1. Hypothroidism if not well controlled may lead to either decreased motility or dysmotility
2. DM if not well controlled may lead to gastroparesis

So these two should be well controlled.

Further for gastroparesis you have to take small and frequent meals,avoid diet XXXXXXX in fibres, don't lie down soon after meals, avoid fatty meals, and take some prokinetic agent like itopride

However blood in vomitus, pain and inflammed stomach on endoscopy can be:
1. Errosive gastritis
2. Inflammation due to stasis of food which may be due to gastroparesis, decreased motility or dysmotility or may be some other pathology for which your treating Doctor has taken biopsy.
3. May be steroids if you are using for control of asthma

Let's wait for the result of biopsy

Meanwhile you may follow the above mentioned advise and take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole twice a day and syrup sucralfate which will help in healing and also will relieve your pain

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon. Upload report of biopsy whenever it comes.