Have ovarian cyst, pain in lower back, stomach, heavy discharge, burning sensation after urination. Suggest remedy

I have an ovarian cyst and my lower back and stomach hurt i been having alot of discharge and after i urinate it burns
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 49 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

In order to help narrow your diagnosis down, I request you to kindly co-operate with me in providing further information. Could you describe the discharge (color, consistency, frequency, etc.)? Since when is this discharge present? Are you sexually active? If yes, when was your last sexual contact? Is your sexual partner a known person?

From your presentation of lower back and abdominal pain, along with vaginal discharge and burning sensation after urination, it appears as though you could have any of the following conditions:
-Bacterial vaginosis: grey/white, thin, watery discharge; foul/fishy odor from discharge. Treatment with antibiotics specific for condition
-Trichomoniasis: Spread through sexual contact. Symptoms include- yellow/green, frothy discharge; inflammation around genitals; increased urination; itching; etc. Treatment with antibiotics specific for condition. If you are diagnosed with this condition, your partner will also have to be screened for infection
-Gonorrhea: vaginal discharge, lower abdominal pain, pain during sexual intercourse, etc. Treatment with antibiotics
-Urinary tract infection: Symptoms- increased frequency of urination, burning sensation while urinating, lower abdominal and/or flank region (lower and mid-back) pain, itching around genitals, tiredness/lethargy, fever, chills, etc. Discharge is rarely seen. Treatment with antibiotics specific for condition
-Yeast infection: White, clumpy (cheese-like) discharge; redness; itching; burning around genitals. Treatment with anti-fungal tablets, creams and/or suppositories

There exist many other possibilities, but the above listed ones are the most common ones.

Which is why, I request you to visit your doctor who will have to examine the discharge (laboratory examination), which will help in finding the infection-causing organism and thus diagnose your condition. Medication will accordingly be advised and you shall surely find relief from there on.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative XXXXXXX If you have any further clarifications, please feel free to write back to me anytime, and I would be happy to help you.

Best wishes.