Have mood swings, anti social, compulsive buyer, paranoia, irritated. Taking Prozac for depression. Partial diagnosis?

I'm on prozac for depression and never given a diagnosis. I have frequent mood swings,I'm anti social sometimes and others i dont have a care in the world. I have a hard time keeping a job. I always start things and never finish.(work,college,cleaning ) I get stuck on random. Things for ex there was a period I was in search for big foot, now it the nightmare before Christmas stuff, I'm a compulove buyer and blow money that I need for bills then become depressed that bills are backed up. I have problems with paranoia i hear a part of a conversation and immediatly feel they're all talking about me and ill get irritated for the rest of the day. ofnd my medicine is starting to not work anymore. Can you give me a partial diagnosis as s to what may be going on?
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 8 hours later

Some of the characteristics you mentioned is just what a normal person would do and feel. I don't think there is anything majorly wrong with you.

I just feel that your personality fits into the introvert category, as you feel everyone is talking about you. You have to realize that people are caught up with their own problems and worries, they don't really have the time to talk about you. Probably you feel this way because you have low self esteem or because people have been very rude to you and have hurt you in the past.

I feel you need to relax. Sign up for yoga/relaxation/meditation classes.
Join a gym . Regular exercise for about 30-45 minutes a day for 5 days a week is very important. Exercises help release endorphins which will make you feel good.
It would be better if you could XXXXXXX a psychologist and talk to him/her about your problems . Some amount of counselling might help.

Everybody goes through mood swings. No one can be happy or sad all the time. Mood swings may/may not be related to pre menstrual syndrome.

Above all, Love yourself ,Be yourself. You don't need acceptance from the whole world. Listen to wonderful music, relax, enjoy your life, pursue your interests and hobbies.

Even if you feel Prozac is not working for you, please do not stop it abruptly as it might cause withdrawal symptoms. The dose can be tapered and then stopped under the guidance of your treating physician.

I hope I have answered your question. If you don't have any further queries, kindly accept my answer.Any reviews are welcome.

Have a wonderful day :)

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan