Have mild pain in Cecum Iletis front and back of colon. Diagnosed with colitis. Blood test normal. Suggest?

Mild pain in Cecum/Iletis lower right quadrant front and back and colon. Diagnosed with Colitis (non-ulceratic). No blood, no pain, no fever, no diarrhea. Blood work okay, no diverticulitis, PSA ok, Liver/pancreas okay. Crawling sensation on large intestine near cecum. ER sees mild mucosa inflammation on intestinal wall
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

There may be anatomotic stricture at hepatic flexure which may be the cause of pain. I will advise to go colonoscopy examination and may be dilatation of the stricture with balloon or surgical management depending upon the stricture anatomy and also biopsy of the rectosigmoid area as the wall is thickened there.Meanwhile take some antispasmodic agent like drotaverine and take less fibres in your diet. Also take some laxative which is fibre free as you are multiple medication which causes constipation

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.