Have many painless protrusions around anus, making it difficult to clean after bowel movement. Suggest?

I have many "protrusions" around my anus making it difficult to clean after a BM. I have also just noticed a hard pea sized lump. All are painless and do not bleed. I am reluctant to have a person examine this. I am 55 years old.
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 39 minutes later

The protrusions you mention could be simple skin tags or could be Hemorrhoids.

Simple skin tags do not pose any risk as they are just protrusions of the anal mucosa. They do not get inflamed of ruptured.

Whereas hemorrhoids are similar to skin tags but with a blood vessel embedded in them. They could rupture or get infected any time causing pain and burning sensation.

Do get examined by a general surgeon, who can differentiate and identify the condition.

Meanwhile do avoid constipation by taking Liquid paraffin syrup to have easy stools.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.