Have low vitamin B12 levels, cannot walk, taken shot and methyl cobalamine

Nephrologist
Question
I HAVE A B-12 ISSUE MY LEVEL WAS DOWN AROUND 25. I HAVE A HARD TIME AND CAN HARDLEY
WALK. I HAVE TAKEN SHOTS AND METHYL COMALAIM. I KEEP HEARING IT IS A SLOW SLOW PROCESS.
MY MYLON SHETH WAS ALSO DONE BECAUSE OF THE B-12 ISUE
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Vitamins

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I Need to know a few more things in order to come to a better conclusion

1. Which side was the stroke? It would be ideal if you could attach the MRI report
2. Are you a diabetic or a hypertensive ? Is it under check?
3. Are you a vegetarian?
4. How many shots of vitamin have you taken till now?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Have low vitamin B12 levels, cannot walk, taken shot and methyl cobalamine 5 days later
1. right
2.no
3.no
4. at the begining and 1 every other week

Hello

Thanks for replying

The most common affection in vit b12 deficiency is the posterior column. The posterior column is required for stability of the body.Vit b12 correction will bring in improvement but it will take atleast 12-16 weeks to show improvement.
The correction for vit b12 ideally is 1 injection of vit b12 every day for 1 week followed by 1 injection every week for one month and one every month for a year. I suggest you approach a neurologist for the appropriate dosage modification.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones I will be happy to reply

I wish you good health