Have lot of joints pain. Thinks to have psioriatic arthritis. Given Mobic. Is it safe?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a lot of pain in my joints. The rheumo thinks it is psioriatic arthritis even though no real psoriasis to speak of. She gave me Mobic, but I am afraid to take it due to kidney issues related. Is there a safer alternative?
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
I am Dr. Saurabh Gupta and I am pleased to answer your query.

Mobic(Meloxicam) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug( selective COX-2 inhibitor). There is no excess risk overall, cardiovascular, renal and hepatic toxicity compared to non-COX-2 selective nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDS).
So do not afraid regarding kidney issues, you can take it undersupervision of your doctor.

Hope this helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.