Have irregular periods. Any obvious reason for change in regularity of periods?

My period used to be quite regular on a 28 day cycle, but for the last few months has been either a couple days early or late...any obvious reason for the change? Could it be due to age?
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 5 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
Yes, age may be a contributing factor but two other factors in your history may have contributed i.e. obesity & your history of Effexor intake. This drug may produce menstrual irregularity.
All these are just my suggestions based on your history. I recommend you strongly that you must investigate this problem by seeing a Gynecologist. You will then most probably be advised to have a pelvic scan to rule out any local pathology. This is important before getting reassurance based on assumptions.
Hope this answers your query please write back if you have any questions.
Wish you good health.
Best Regards.