Have implanon inserted. Experiencing slight pain with stinging sensation. Should I be concerned?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have had implanon inserted 3 days ago and am experiencing a sharp pinching feeling in that area, i think its when my arm is in particular positions (more bent or twisting motion), is this normal and will it pass or should I be concerned. It is not painful but more uncomfortable when the pinching feeling occurs.
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 32 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Slight pain and stinging sensation is quite common after implanon insertion and it usually settles down within a week. As long as the pain is mild to moderate and not associated with redness over the site and fever, there is no reason to worry. In case you develop any of those symptoms, you should consult your doctor to rule out infection.
If at present the pain is more, you can take an over the counter analgesic.

Hope i have answered your query. Please feel free to clarify any other query.