Have high Sgpt and SGOT level. Don't drink alcohol. How to make it normal?

hi, myself Pranav. my Sgpt level is 108 and sgot is 78. other test like alkaline phos.,serum bilrubin, blood sugar all are in normal range.what medicine i should take to get back sgpt and sgot level normal. i do not drink alcohal at all.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reason for these tests

Detailed Answer:

The levels of SGPT and SGOT are high. They are not significant though to figure out the reason for their raise. They should be more than 3 times the normal value to be worried about and right now they are not. It would have been good if you had tell me the reason why these tests were done.

Please note that the doctors should treat the person with problems but not the reports which most often have limited value.

We find such reports commonly during general examination and most often relate them to the fast lifestyle, sedentary habits of the individual. Avoid junk food including maida, pasta, potato (i mean white looking food) and switch to greener and dark colored food. The levels should come down on their own.

Hope this helps.