What can cause elevated SGPT levels while on thyronorm medication?

Sir my blood test every thing is ok except high sgpt 71 and high CRP 6.66 Iam on thyronorm 75 from 3 year
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Guru 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: j Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Your CRP levels are not so bothersome. Moreover, CRP is a very non specific test to interpret any particular condition. It can be slightly elevated in many kinds of inflammation including minor viral infections like common cold etc. Coming to SGPT levels, your's are very slightly elevated and does not signify particular disorder. There are some minor conditions which can also cause mild elevation in SGOT and SGPT (liver enzymes), some of which include Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection, Infectious mononucleosis which are viral infections, being overweight, taking OTC drugs like Paracetamol etc. Personally, I do not think you need to worry about these two test results. However, based on physical examination, your doctor would suggest accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!