Have had seizures, prescribed Previous. Having itchiness, and burning skin. How to overcome this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I have taking this drug priscribed by doctor for my seizure condition .the seizure as subsided some but last night I HAD A SEIZURE AND i took 10mg .PREVIOUS 10MG WAS ORDERED BUT i XXXXXXX taking taking 5mg because I had severe side effect .I feel terrible ,itchiness aqnd like my skin in on fire I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.iS TERE ANYTHING I can take to decrease this feeling
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Epilepsy

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 12 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.

The symptoms could be related to hypersensitivity or allergy to the seizure medication.
Can you tell the name of the medication?
As of now, you should not take the next dose of this medication.
For relieving the itching and rash, drugs such as levocetrizine or fexofenadine may be useful.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/