Have gout in wrist, take allopurinol. What is the best treatment?

I have gout in my wrist , I take allopurinol 300MG daily but I have fare up now.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 40 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is very rare to have gout flare in the wrist . Even if you have polyarticular gout wrist will be the last joint to be affected . I will advsie you to show to a rheumatologist if its gout or something else . Now sine you are atking allopurinol continue with that . One thing your doctor can do is aspiration of joint ad injecting a small amount of steroid for subsiding the inflammation . This will be the best modality or else he can start you on colchicine but after due consideration of your comorbidities. Alos get your serum uric acid levels tested . Take care. Dr. Shruti