Have glomus tumor. MRI could not show anything. How to find it?

Dr XXXXXXX told me that I have Glomus tumor.I had MRI done and don't show anything.Is there any other way to determine where is it exactly...Thankst
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...It is generally found in fingertips below the nail.
Detailed answer....
GLOMUS TUMOR is a very rare benign type of neoplasm arising from GLOMUS body under your fingernails.They are generally small and solitary,however mutiple GLOMUS tumors can also be found.
Solitary tumors are generally found in females.
It is generally a painful condition and this pain is reproduced on putting the finger under cold water.
This tumor can lift your fingernail also.
Very rarely GLOMUS tumor can be malignant also.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
treatment involves surgical removal only.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have glomus tumor. MRI could not show anything. How to find it? 11 hours later
I had MRI done and XRAY and it does not show anything.Could still be a Glomus tumor and how is it determent where is it,and what doctor should I go to..? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 13 hours later
You didn't tell which MRI and X-RAY has been done.
You should basically talk to the doctor,who diagnosed GLOMUS tumour in you.
I simply explained you the meaning of GLOMUS tumor.
You have not given any evidence of any GLOMUS tumor.
Follow-up: Have glomus tumor. MRI could not show anything. How to find it? 1 hour later
Thank you or your answer....I DO understand that you just explained meaning of a Gloms tumor. I was wondering would MRI or Xray show any abnormalities and what doctor should I be sent to by my family doctor...Thanks
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 24 minutes later
X-ray normally doesn't reveal anything about GLOMUS tumour.
MRI of the fingers is the best way to diagnose the condition and if in doubt,then biopsy can give the final diagnosis.
An orthopedician is the best person to consult for the diagnosis and treatment of the condition.
I hope this helps.
Please do get back to me,in case anything else is to be asked.