Have flu and raspy voice. Can any on line doctor help me?

Hi, my name is XXXXXXX I had the flu a few days ago, but I'm feeling much better now. My throat it's a little soar though, and I have a raspy, and I mean raspy voice, which is starting to annoy me. Any suggestions to get "rid" of this hoarse voice Dr? home remedies? pills? Please help me out here.
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 33 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Hoarseness can persist for a short while with the cold or flu virus.

There are some remedies and techniques that are used to help regain a normal voice.
The most important part is to rest the voice, home remedies and medication would not work if the voice is not rested.
You need to limit your speech as much as possible.

In addition to the above you can consider the use of the following: (1) a humidifier is sometimes useful to reduce the dryness and improve voice quality
(2) if there is still any coughing which may be irritating the vocal cords, the use of the cough suppressants would decrease the irritation of the cords
(3)the persistent use of warm (not hot) liquids to keep the throat moist, ginger tea and honey is normally useful
(4) if you have a postnasal drip,this would worsen the hoarseness so the use of an antihistamine or nasal spray such as flixonase , nasonex or rhinocort would also provide relief.
Because gastroesophageal reflux also worsens hoarseness, it this is present , it should also be treated
(5)reduce the use of any caffeine or alcohol which may worsen or delay healing.

The most important part is rest of the voice and body to encourage recovery.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions