Have fibroids and suggested LSH. Is this best option?

Hi. I have fibroids (small) and my obgyn has suggested a LSH. is this my best option? I like the thought of not having periods, heavy bleeding and cramps (which I never had before ever in my ife).
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
LSH is a good option for symptomatic fibroids.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Surgical treatment is the last resort for fibroids in the uterus and is usually recommended if there is heavy bleeding during the periods or the fibroids are large in size.
Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy- LSH is a commonly used procedure and the preservation of cervix helps in preservation of bladder and sexual functions.
Your gynecologist must have weighed the pros and cons of the procedure and then recommended it to you. You can follow her advice.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.