Have enlarged prostate, benign. Took Alfuzonin and Finasteride. Inhibit Viagra?

Question
I have an enlarged prostate which is benign.I take Alfuzonin 10mg per day andFinasteride 5mg per day.

Do those drugs inhibjt my taking viagra or similar, please?
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns.

There are no interactions between sildenafil or similar drugs and finasteride reported; however, there is potential for interaction between alfuzolin and sildenafil, in terms of excessive lowering of blood pressure. Talk to your prescribing physician before using sildenafil and similars, as perhaps the lowest dose would be prudent to start given this interaction.

Hope that helps, best regards,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Cardiology
Mayo Clinic MN