Have crohns disease. Getting headache, cold all the time. Facing difficulty in eating. What should I do now?

Hello, I have Crohns Disease, I keep getting colds all the time which makes my stomach flare-up and which means I find it difficult to eat, move or do anything. I have no-one to look after me during these times. What should I do to prevent these viscious stomach attacks? Because they really are painful, they are burning, crippling, stabbing, tight, spasm-like pain. They are most painful down lower, but the entire torso hurts including my chest and colds only make them worse. My head is blocked up, my eyes are in pain because I have a headache behind the eyes, it hurts to move and I have just gotten over a sore throat infection but now I have a completely blocked up nose. What should I do at this point? Thank-You.
Posted Fri, 10 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 7 hours later
hi there, thanks for asking. there are two major reasons for. The one which is probably more important is the issue that you are taking Azathipporine. It weakens the immune system. The other point is that you have depression and it affects the immune system. The best way to prevent them is to take some vaccines which are against flu and pneumococus. You can also take zinc supplement which has been proven to prevent the cold by boosting the immune system in a healthy way. Let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a good health.