Have constant sizzling at the back of head but able to sleep. Cause?

Dec 2014

My head sizzles toward the back. It's constant, but it hasn't kept me from sleeping. What if any dangers are there?

I am a male of 72.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Should be evaluayed

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You have complaints of low to moderate sizzling of head in occipital region. The problem is not so severe to disturb the sleep.

In most of persons such type of problems carry no significance but they should not be ignored completely. I would advise you to get your BP checked as hypertension is one of common cause of headache in elderly. Low supplements.

Get you cardiac checkup done. If ECG and lipid profilecome normal then there is no need for further cardiac evaluation.

Vision problems and any ENT (ear, nose, throat) problem are other common causes that should be ruled out.

If every thing come normal then we can reach the diagnosis of Tension Type of Headache. Commonly OTC analgesic drugs as Paracetamol can be used. If no improvement seen then visit a Psychiatrist for evaluation of headache. Medicines as Amitryptilline, propranolol etc. are very useful. There is no need to worry as in most cases symptoms improve over time.

Hope I cleared your doubt, if you have more questions you can ask again.