Have blood shot eyes, stiff shoulder and feeling nauseous. Could this be an allergy?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I have blood shot eyes when i wake up in the morning with stiff shoulders and a little nauceaus; through the day i feel a little off (faintly dizzish), moody and not as mentally sharp. We just started rainy season, and its gettig into summer? Could this be an allergy of some sort?
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later

I would like to know if you have frequent headaches whenever you feel dizzy?

Allergy can result in red itchy eyes but usually stiff shoulders are not associated with allergy.
As you are having dizziness along with red eyes, nausea and stiff shoulders, I would suggest that you see a general physician. We would need a detailed exam and probably a MRI (Head & Neck) done.
In the meantime you can take antihistaminic like Levocetrizine or Fexofenadine for treatment of allergy. You can take Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once a day. This may help you with the itchy eyes but this would not typically help with the stiffness.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further concerns, I will be happy to help.