Have blisters on lower eyelid. What could be causing this and proper treatment?

In my lower eyelid I have a blister looking bump and now I have a huge black eye a half hour after I started to feel it becoming irritated. The black eye is spreading and getting darker ever hour. What do you think??
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 4 hours later
Thanks for writing to us,
Given your symptoms, it does seem like an insect bite/sting. However, I would like to know if you have suffered any injury or any kind of trauma whatsoever? Also, do you have any other pre-existing condition that I may be missing.
For this insect bite/sting, here's what you can do:
a. apply an ice pack on the affected area for 10 minutes. Then let it off and then reapply
b. If you can see the sting, you can also try removing it . DO NOT use a pair of tweezers
c. You can take Tablet Fexofenadine 180 mg once daily in the day time and Tablet Benadryl 25 mg one tablet daily at bed time,

If this does not seem to get better, please go and see your physician