Have bald head. What is the positive and negative effects of stem cell therapy?

Jul 2012

I have bald head and went to hospital for hair treatment and they said about Stem Cell Therapy which I need to put an injection for 6 months, 1 for a month. May I know the plus and minuses of this treatment?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX
This is probably what is called PRP or platelet derived growth factor injections that promote hair growth & is a form of stem cell therapy.
I have a few patients i am currently using this therapy on.
It is not a first line treatment for baldness.
At best it is an 'adjunct' therapy & as a stand-alone therapy will not give you great results. However it works well when combined with hair transplantation.
I dont know which part of India you hail from. If from Bangalore, you are most welcome to drop in for a consultation at one of my clinics & can give you a better opinion once i see the extent of your problem & go through the various treatment options.
The minuses of this treatment is that it may not give you much hair growth.
Warm regds.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD