Have asthma and breathing problem. How to stop stomach ache and vomit sensation?

hey, my little sister hasn't been feeling too well for the past two weeks. She says her stomach hurts and she wants to throw up but can't? shes asthmatic and has trouble breathing as well
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 21 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Nausea could be because of several reasons.

I require few more details to answer your question better.

1. Is your sister on some medications for her bronchial asthma? Normally we start on steroids during a acute episode of asthma and this can cause gastritis and nausea.

2. Decreased oxygenation due to severe asthma can be a cause for that. Is your sister breathing very fast? Are there any chest retractions?

3. Is there any yellowish discoloration of eyes of your sister? Does she have poor appetite ............... we consider viral hepatitis etc in such scenario.

4. Are there any other associated complaints?

A detailed answer will help me to answer your question.
Waiting for your reply.

You may contact me with further details on the following URL...........
In such scenario the questions are directly forwarded to me .............. and I can answer your queries regarding your sister regularly.

Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics