Have a purple color lump on vagina filled with bloody puss. What to do now?

May 2013
hi, for about two weeks now i have had what seems to be quite a long hard lump down the outside of my vagina . ( the only way i can think of explaining it is it feels like a raised scar but it isn't) it's kind of purple in color. there are parts where my pubic hair doesn't grow out of it. i can feel exactly where it starts and stops . just today i noticed an indent in it and it started to ooze yellow and bloody puss . it is painful if i touch it too hard . please help, im so scared!
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 41 minutes later

According to your description there is possibility of bartholin abscess.
Bartholin gland lies near the vaginal opening. When its duct gets occluded bartholin cyst forms. And when the cyst gets infected abscess results.
The indent you noticed could be opening of bartholin duct.
Because of accumulation of pus and blood, pressure buildup in the abscess. And that leads to release of some blood and pus from the gland.
So you once consult gynecologist, undergo physical examination and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.