Have a haemorrhoid and blood in bowel movement. Should I consult a specialist?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have been constipated on and off for a few months, I do have a hemorrhoid and frequently have blood drip into bowl after straining with large hard stool. Lately I have been very bloated and experiencing abdominal pain. I've been taking ducolax regularly for two wks without effects, I tried mineral oil also but no luck. I had a very small BM last nite (lg rocks). Today after work, about 13 hrs later I passed gas( rancid) and when I got home and used the bathroom I noticed brownish/red blood stain in my underware, and continue to notice a reddish stain on the toilet paper whenever blot the rectum area after I urinate. I'm starting to get concerned, should I go see a GI physician?
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query
It seems you have a bad fissure along with colitis
I would suggest you see a G I Physician
in the mean time add fibre to your diet and take plenty of fluids
liq paraffin would be a better option as a laxative
Add a probiotic twice a day for two weeks
Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubt
Wishing you a healthy life ahead