Have a fluid filled bump near eye. What it could be and how to get rid of it?

I have a fluid filled bump near my right eye. It is under the eyelid border and when I use a lancet I can express clear fluid from the bump. I am a dentist and this resembles a very small mucocele. I first noticed the bump about two years ago and after I XXXXXXX it it will take about two months to fill with the clear fluid again. Do you have any suggestions for me about either what it could be or how to get rid of it?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Being a dentist I can understand your dilemma. You may be right that it can be cyst which gets refilled once you XXXXXXX it. It would be better you see an ophthalmologist who will excise the whole cyst so that there is no recurrence. The other alternative can be that the ophthalmologist may marsupilize it, so that healing occurs with epithelisation of the cystic cavity.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction. You are welcome to seek any clarification or share any other fact in this regard.

Wishing you all the best and regards,