Is there any non-surgical treatment for mouth mucocele?

ENT Specialist
Hello dr I think i have mouth mucocele . Is there a non surgical treatment for it ? Like creams or lotions ? Thanks
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Intralesional corticosteroid Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query, medical history and current medication. For your kind information--> 1. Some mucoceles spontaneously resolve after a short time i.e. within three to five months. Within this period there is no need of any treatment. 2. If more than this then you may go for the intralesional corticosteroid injection and topical steroid cream to reduce inflammation and accelerate healing. 3. If not subside by this method then you may try I) Laser therapy: a small, directed beam of light is used to remove the cyst II) Cryotherapy: the cyst is removed by freezing 4. Avoid habits like lip or cheek biting to help prevent future cysts. 5. Surgical removal is the last resort. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.