Heart rate keeps dropping. Have back and chest pain. Suffer from scleroderma. Are this related?
User rating for this question
My heart rate keeps dropping to 48-52 in the last few days. I have upper back pain and some chest pain. I was in er yesterday and the doctor said as long as my pulse goes up when I get up its ok and I called my pcp today and she said if I didn't pass out then it was fine but I am worried that I am dying. I have scleroderma and was wondering if that can cause this.
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that since you suffer from scleroderma a possibilty of heart involvement cannot be ruled out . What your doctor have told you is right because they are thinking this to be sinus bradycardia but I would strongly recommend a 2 D ECHO to rule out any cardiac involvement including pericardial effusion which can also lead to such symptoms . I think you should consult your cardiologist and get it done as early as possible . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Heart rate keeps dropping. Have back and chest pain. Suffer from scleroderma. Are this related? 4 minutes later
I also take seroquel can this cause a slow heart beat?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 11 hours later
Follow-up: Heart rate keeps dropping. Have back and chest pain. Suffer from scleroderma. Are this related? 2 hours later
I checked into the er last night and I had low potassium and magnesium and they admitted me and now talking of possible pace maker. thank you for your answers.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, I wish you a speedy recovery . Take care. Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- Chest pain with normal heart rate
- Chest pain and heart rate of 68
- Endometriosis related to back and chest pain
- Is increased blood pressure a side effect of accesspak for hiv pep basic?
- Remeron dosage elderly
- Pantocid dsr dosage
- Scleroderma chest pain
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of promethazine with codeine?
- Agonists and antagonists
- Imitrex dosage frequency
- Is fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse a side effect of lanoxin?
- Is wheezingabnormal or decreased touch sensation a side effect of ranexa?
- Genotropin mini quick
- What causes drop in heart rate with chest pain
- Is blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin a side effect of cordarone?