Have a back of neck and shoulder blade injury. Getting fizzing sounds. Should I worry?

Spine Surgeon
Hi doctor. I have a back of neck and shoulder blade injury caused from a blow to my head about 4 and a half weeks ago. Now I'm getting what feels like fizzing sounds in the back of my neck at random times. I can hear it in my head and feel it coming from the base of my skull and back of neck. Should i worry?
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The most important thing is you should not worry,

Detailed Answer:

The most important thing is you should not worry, because your problem is a benign one.

Next question is what are the possibilities:

-This may be a post concussion syndrome which may subside in 3 to 6 months.

-It may be due to aggravation of preexisting subtle cervical spondylosis or very rarely vestibular injury.

-or it may be unrelated to trauma.

There is no emergency or seriousness but consult Physician if symptoms persist or worsen. Most of possibilities I mentioned are usually managed conservatively, so do not worry but have an appointment with physician.

Hope I was able to answer your query.