Have TB Meningitis. Taking akt 3 everyday at night. Getting headache and pain in eye. Concerned

Spine Surgeon
I use akt 3 tablets. I use it every day night. Is it ok ? Should i take it in the morning. I have TB Meningitis. I got it feb 2011. I used akt 4 for 3 months and from there i am using akt 3. Now every day evening i get headache and pain in the eyes.
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 20 minutes later
thank you for sharing your problem with me.
AKT3 has a drug which can cause eye problems as side effect in some people.
As you are suffering from eye pain,please visit an ophthalmologist at the earliest to check your eyes.
Also please consult your physician regarding headache and you may have to take new scan of your brain.
Regarding the use of AKT 3 it is recommended to use it for 6 months I suggest you to check with your treating doctor about its continuation.
please revert to me if you have any doubts
Follow-up: Have TB Meningitis. Taking akt 3 everyday at night. Getting headache and pain in eye. Concerned 15 hours later
I spoke to him regarding the head ache but he did not give big attention to it. He said it is ok. I am little concerned about it. He said i have to use the akt 3 till feb end then he will change the tablets. Is it a side effect or due to TB reoccuring ?
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 18 minutes later
Thanks for reverting.

I believe the treating doctor knows best about his patients. But if you are very much worried about your headache, you may request your doctor for a repeat scan. I am sure he would agree with you.

Hope this helps you. Get well soon.

Thank you