Have PCOS. Missed taking birth control pill. Started excessive salivation. Can take both pills together?

Hi, I forgot to take my birth control pill yesterday so i took it today, should I also take todays pill today? Also, I just started excessively salivating and im wondering if its linked to not taking the pill and how i can treat my excessive salivation. The reason i am taking the pill is because i have the symptoms of PCOS.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 28 minutes later

Since the Birth control pills are being taken for PCOS but not for contraception, missing a dose does not affect the treatment.Do not overdose yourself.You can continue the course as scheduled.

The excess salivation could not be directly related to the missed dose, but could be due to anxiety and will limit on its own.There would be no need for any treatment for the same.

The excess salivation could also be due to stimulus from within the mouth like Plaques.If the salivation does not return to normal after 3 days then gargling with antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE twice daily after food would be of help.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.