Have PCOD, multiple ovarian cysts. No periods, negative pregnancy tests. Is this infertility? Blocked tubes?

hi im 27 year old married female and i m having a pcod,i have 7 mm multiple cyst in my both ovaries and my weight is 69 and height is 5'1.i had my last period on 1 sep and my due date was 1 oct i had four home pregnancy test all are negative ,blood test on 8th oct its negative and ultrasound on 12 which also normal and i m stil waiting for my periods i m extremely worried and trying from last one year for baby. if you want i can send you all my blood test reports. is this is case of infertility please help me is it possible that my tubes are blocked?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Your ultrasound reports are not suggestive of PCOD. Mild hormonal imbalances, stress and anxiety, change in dietary habits can cause your periods to be overdue without being pregnant. If your repeated pregnancy tests are negative then you need to have progesterone withdrawal bleeding after consulting your gynecologist. The reports that you have attached with the query are all within normal limits.
I can understand your concern. A regular treatment is needed for induction of ovulation for a successful conception. To rule out any blocked tubes you need to have an HSG done under the guidance of your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: Have PCOD, multiple ovarian cysts. No periods, negative pregnancy tests. Is this infertility? Blocked tubes? 29 hours later
I m worried i think my tubes are blocked please tell me about the symptoms which are related to tubal blockage..Is treatment of tube blockage is painful ? can i take anesthesia before taking any treatment of tubal blockage.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

Blocked tubes are asymptomatic. The only problem seen is infertility. There is no pain associated with tubal blockage.

Only investigations like HSG (Hysterosalphingography) can diagnose this condition. Treatment of tubal blockage is only surgery. You can safely take any anesthesia for the diagnosis or treatment of tubal problem.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you an early conception.