Can I check the growth of the follicle using ovulation kit?

Infertility Specialist
hi doctor, this time i got period on Nov 30th 2013, and from the 2nd day is had siphene, now how can i check whether follicular is growing or not, if i take ovulation kit, tell me when i need to check and confirm the egg is ruptured or not? I doesn’t have time to do follicular scanning. Please advise.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: According to previous cycles Detailed Answer: Hi, Generally ovulation occurs around 14 days prior to the expected cycle date. If your cycle was yesterday (5/12/2013), ovulation would have probably occurred 14 days back from that date ( means 21/11/2013). In the same way, based on your cycle calculate your probable date of next cycle and minus 14 days which will be probable dates of ovulation. Hence start testing 2 days prior to that by ovulation kit. If you get free time around 10th or 11th day of your cycles this time, get a follicular growth scan done to check growth of follicles. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility SPecialist
Follow-up: Can I check the growth of the follicle using ovulation kit? 12 minutes later
I don’t like to go for IVF treatment, i am trying to conceive having tablets, once i did IUI but not successful, doctor suggested to do laparoscopy, planning to do laparoscopy next year, My question is if i go for IUI treatment after laparoscopy, the rate of success will be high?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You have to understand that always best treatment has to be tried. If you have not got pregnant after such a long time,it is better to try next level of treatment which is IUI. Laparoscopy is a modality of treatment which can test patency of tubes as well as ovarian drilling if PCOS exists. But not much benefit beyond that. Hence please be serious about treatment and spend time as age goes by. Regards. Dr. Mahesh Koregol