Has stopped birth control, losing weight and has no appetite with unusual thirst. Advise?

My 45 year old daughter has always been very fit and healthy. She stopped taking birth control pills in July of this year. Lately she's been losing weight and has no appetite at all. She has always had a healthy appetite but now has to force herself to eat. She is unusually thirsty also. She's a very outgoing positive person and is not depressed or suffering from an eating disorder. I thank you for your advice.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

Weight loss, loss of appetite, increased thirst of recent onset needs investigations.As you have mentioned Psychological cause is not very likely in her case,I will advise some investigations.

She needs to go for Fasting blood sugar, thyroid functions, liver and renal profile along with complete blood count to start with.In addition she probably needs a good physical exmainationas well .

Please let me know the results or any follow up question .