Has hemeroid bleeding. What can be done to stop it?

My son has a hemeroid bleeding for 2 weeks. What can we do to stop this?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Guru 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
cryotherapy,rubberband ligation,sphincterotomy etc

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

I am really sorry for your son's ill health. People between ages of 20 to 40 are most commonly effected by hemorrhoids. Commonest cause is constipation because of inadequate fiber intake in diet and correcting this would help to some extent so that the problem won't recur again and again. However, definitive treatment to stop hemorrhoid bleeding is by different treatment options like cryotherapy, rubber band ligation and sphincterotomy etc. But first of all diagnosis of hemorrhoids should be confirmed by investigations like proctoscopy. As some reasonable amount of blood would have been lost from past two weeks, it needs to checked and replaced accordingly.

As prevention is the best treatment and constipation is the most common cause, his diet should contain plenty of dietary fiber which means eating plenty of fresh fruit, XXXXXXX fresh vegetables, whole grain cereals, leafy vegetables etc. Avoid using laxatives and also fatty, oily and junk foods. Take more amount of water like about 2 to 3 liters a day if you to not have any contraindications to do so. However, definitive treatment consists of options like cryotherapy, rubber band ligation and sphincterotomy etc. General Surgeon can help in this.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: