Has bad rash on genital area. Biopsy revealed inflammation. Having severe pain and burning. Advise?

My dad has had a reaaly bad rash/ inflammation on his genital area. He is 65 . He had this bk in january this year where dermatology said psorises and a biopsy was done which revealed inflammation of some sort.

This again has occured this time it seems to be infected too.he is in extreme pain and alot of burning . Gp just keep providing ointments . He has an appt with dermatology next week . Please can u advise .

Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 10 days later
Brief Answer:
Some clarifications

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way.

1. Is your father diabetic
2. Is it only a rash or s there an ulcer as well
3. Is he running fever
Further if possible try uploading a picture of the lesion.

Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards and wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD