Had unprotected sex. Took i pill. Delayed periods. No abdominal pain. What should I do?

Hi, This this is about unprotected sex. Me and my GF had kind of unprotected sex, it was not a ful fledged sex. Also I haven't come inside her. I am worried about the pre-come. We had this sex on 6th early morning around 3:00am. On the same day around 7:00pm I gave her one tablet of I-Pill. Her last periods were on 18th XXXXXXX The last periods were almost 6 days earlier. This time its 15th July (it will be 28 days on 16th July i.e. tomorrow), she haven't got any period nor she have any symptom of periods (ambominal pain or something). We are little bit worried now. What we should do ?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 36 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concerns,

I have gone through the available details, you had sex on 6th July and her expected date is 16th july. It was not a penetrative sex as per your details.

In a regular cycle ovulation takes place 14 days prior to expected date of period.
She has taken I pill within 24 hours which is very effective emergency contraception hence chances of pregnancy are negligible.

You should wait for 3- 4 days as hormone tablet can delay the period, if there is no period then you can take a urine pregnancy test.

If it is negative she can wait for her period to come.
If by chance test is positive(Less likely) then you will need to consult a Gynecologist.
Hope this information helps you, if you have any doubt please ask me I will be happy to help.

Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D