Had unprotected sex. Periods not started. What can I do to get my periods?

i am 25 years old i had intercourse without protection on 15th and 16th august and my periods date were on august 17th till today i dint get my chums , can you pls suggest me what can i do to get my chums in a day or 2.

thank you
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 50 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

In case your periods are regular, then there are no chances of pregnancy as you had relations in last days of cycle.

The delay could be due to

1. Drugs taken in last periods
2. Anxiety
3. Any other illness
4. Hormonal imbalance due to any reason

Please consult a gynecologist for medicines, after medicines you will have regular periods.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Periods not started. What can I do to get my periods? 22 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions

Its only that two days before i had intercourse . It was also in the first week of this month also it was not an actual intercourse as the penis dint actually go inside. so is it a thing to worry about ? Also lot of travelling lately so does the water change affect the regular periods ?

Today i can feel my back & stomach are aching and also leg ache does this mean i would get my periods soon ? is there anything i can eat to generate heat in body to get the periods in a day or two ?

Pls advice

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 34 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Yes,you are right, the symptoms that you are have could be due to impending period.

There are all the chances that you will your periods soon.

In last phase of cycle there is no presence of ovum,so chances of pregnancy are very very less.This holds true only if you are having regular periods.

No diet or water can affect timing of menstruation.

Please get in touch with your doctor if you do not get periods.