Had unprotected sex. On novelon along with antibiotic. Will this increase the chances of frequency?

Question
hi i had unprotected sex the night before yesterday. Today i started a course of antibiotics(ciprofloxacin) . I am on my third cycle of novelon (i started the third pack last friday....today is tuesday..). Will the antibiotics decrease the efficacy of novelon and increase chances of pregnancy?
so: Novelon third cycle...on friday
sex...on sunday
ciprofloxacin hydrochloride....from tuesday
Posted Sun, 30 Dec 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 13 minutes later

The efficacy of oral contraceptive pills can be altered by some medications, including some antibiotics. However, ciprofloxacin is not thought to be one of them except in case of antibiotic induced diarrhea.
So do not worry & continue your antibiotic & oral contraceptive pills.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. On novelon along with antibiotic. Will this increase the chances of frequency? 8 minutes later
Thanks a lot :) That takes a weight off my chest. What about other medicines like paracetamol? I also take Septillin(from Himalaya drugs) for throat-ache once in a while.....can these reduce Novelon's efficacy?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 5 minutes later
Welcome back.
Paracetamol is also safe while taking Novelon.
However about Septilin your Ayurvedic physician can tell you better.
I hope your query has been answered.