Had unprotected sex. Feeling dizzy and headache. Should I be worried about HIV?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi doctor, i had sex with prostitute and that time i penetrate my penis in her vagina just one pump and i took it out. After that i used condom. That was my very first sex unprotected sex. But after that i didnt feel anything. I' m fine. Then asked that girl and that girl said she gets routine checkups and she is fine. After 6 months i had sex with the same girl and that time i just touched her vagina lips with my naked penis( no penetration at all) after that for atleast more than week i felt very little dizziness and sometimes headache. But now i m fine. But still worried about HIV.
Please help
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Based on your descriptions, there is a minimal chance of spread of infection. The symptoms you had also are not suggestive of infection.
This can be categorized as minor exposure. But you should be careful in future with such encounters. Remember in future that after any type of high risk contact, clean the affected site with soap water and if there is major contact then post exposure prophylaxis should be started within 6 hours of exposure (you can visit an ART center/ your doctor for the prophylaxis).

As a precautionary measure after 3 months you can get yourself tested for HIV.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.