Had unprotected sex 4 days after periods. Should I take ipill as chances of pregnancy is low?

Question
"Its been four days after my period and i had unprotected sex. I had taken an ipill 3 months ago...is it safe that i again take an i pill? or since it has been only 4 days, the chances of getting pregnant are low...what should i do?"
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 8 minutes later
HELLO,
thanks for posting your query on health care magic.
You can take i pill even if you have received the same 3 months ago.
It is always better to take emergency pill even if it is too early.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have further queries. I will be happy to help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex 4 days after periods. Should I take ipill as chances of pregnancy is low? 2 minutes later
Is it safe...because...last time in January when i had used it..i had excessive bleeding and my periods came early, almost within a week. I, however, use i pill only in cases of emergency. In the last one year i have used it thrice

It is normal and expected to get your periods within a week after i-pill.
There is nothing to worry.
You can repeat i-pill.

regards,
Dr Nilofer